Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased new led headlights from raluled.com "bug eye" style.
I installed them today, come to find out they're not bright at all and I have moisture in one of the headlights already. I think the factory headlights are more big around than aftermarket, because I can see space on the outside.
Need input on what headlights I should get I want a black background and something bright enough. Thanks

·
Registered
1,981 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Stockers work fine for most people. "Bright enough" is subjective.
I found it was like trying to drive by yellow candle light, couldn't wait to swap out the stockers. I got spoiled by the Bi-Xenons in the previous vehicles.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Quadratec and Trucklite give the overall best value for the dollar spent, IMO. You get solidly built, bright lighting for still a lot of money, but not the insane prices of some others. I can stomach spending $200 - $300 on headlights (crazy!), but those at $500 and up would make me question my sanity.

·
Registered
46 Posts
quadratec and trucklite give the overall best value for the dollar spent, imo. You get solidly built, bright lighting for still a lot of money, but not the insane prices of some others. I can stomach spending $200 - $300 on headlights (crazy!), but those at $500 and up would make me question my sanity.
x2

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Quadratec and Trucklite give the overall best value for the dollar spent, IMO. You get solidly built, bright lighting for still a lot of money, but not the insane prices of some others. I can stomach spending $200 - $300 on headlights (crazy!), but those at $500 and up would make me question my sanity.
basicxj = certified insane :redface:

Actually, I got a pretty good price on the Evo J headlights through one of the forum vendors here (sub $500). How I rationalized the purchase? The Bi-Xenon bulbs in my previous ride sold for $400 CDN per side through the dealer for a replacement bulb...now that's insane.

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
Tons of headlights out there now... But the 2 that you can't go wrong with are the Quadratec and the JW Speakers. The KC's and Trucklights are also good.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I got a crazy deal on the JW Speakers. They are bright!!! If I wouldn't have gotten that deal, I would have still probably gotten them. I liked the look of them and heard nothing but good things about them.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I have a setup using H4 bulbs with Cibie reflectors. It is much better than the stock lights but I still do not really like the brights. If I were doing it all over again, I would probably get a set of the Quadratec Stealth LED headlights.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Both of Quadratec headlights are exactly the same, I think the only difference is the Stealth has the Q logo blacked out. PM Rick from Quadratec, he may be able give you a discount. Mine are going strong after two years.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I picked up these for $120 off amazon after another Jeeper recommended them to me. Very bright and haven't had any issues in the 2 months they've been on

View attachment 3670361

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017TEMSAO
I put those on my bus. Definitely bright, but for lack of a better word, they're sloppy compared to the JWs on my Jeep when comparing how they cut off and where they actually place the usable light. It's not all about brightness.

For my Jeep, my DD, the JWs were worth the $500 range
For my bus, only used on occasion, those were worth the $120

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea I feel u haha I think I'm going to get the truck lite 27270c does anyone have these?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I picked up these for $120 off amazon after another Jeeper recommended them to me. Very bright and haven't had any issues in the 2 months they've been on

[iurl="http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3670361&d=1499875174"]
[/iurl]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017TEMSAO
I put those on my bus. Definitely bright, but for lack of a better word, they're sloppy compared to the JWs on my Jeep when comparing how they cut off and where they actually place the usable light. It's not all about brightness.

For my Jeep, my DD, the JWs were worth the $500 range
For my bus, only used on occasion, those were worth the $120
I have the same style lights I love how they look but they don't fit exact like the factory as u said. They leave to much space and I have moisture in them after 5 hours of installing them. I bought from raluled.com and paid 200. I love the look but I need some that is gonna fit right and is bright enough.i couldn't see shit. It's a shame because I really wanna keep the style. Probably just Chinese made and bought from a company.

·
Supporting Vendor
69 Posts
Sorry to hear of your issues.

We offer various options for the JK platform and this sets us apart too!!!

Lifetime LED Lights provides you with a LIFETIME warranty on the LED's in our light products. No fine print, no question about what a limited lifetime means.

Good luck in your search!!

https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/products/category/jeep_lights

I just purchased new led headlights from raluled.com "bug eye" style.
I installed them today, come to find out they're not bright at all and I have moisture in one of the headlights already. I think the factory headlights are more big around than aftermarket, because I can see space on the outside.
Need input on what headlights I should get I want a black background and something bright enough. Thanks

1 - 20 of 42 Posts