Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2002 Wrangler SE and just lost my headlight low beams - highbeams still work. On the forum here, I have learned that it is most likely the headlight switch. When I replace the headlight switch, I am thinking about buying the unit with fog lights and then add fog lights as well, which I have wanted to do and I would prefer an OEM installation. What else do I need to do. Does the wiring already exist? I assume I will add a fuse but what about the relay? Has anyone done this?

·
▄▌ee▐▀
1,791 Posts
I would avoid buying the OEM switch w/fog lights, its junk and always turns into a problem. The part you pull out to turn on the fog lights wears out and then your fogs randomly will turn on and off, does not matter if the jeep is on, headlights are on or off. They will run down your battery.

If you want to run fog lights, I suggest getting a normal headlight switch, then running an aftermarket toggle switch for your fogs, so you have control over them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts