Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'm looking for some good led's that won't break the bank!!?? Anyone have any recommendations? I have the harness already...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Can I expect a great improvement with the h4's? I'm assuming those are halogens?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Can I expect a great improvement with the h4's? I'm assuming those are halogens?
Halogen/H4s versus your old sealed beams? Yes, the H4s are a visible improvement. The PO of my Wrangler was running a set of the Sylvania SilverStar sealed beams, and even those looked dim and yellow compared to the halogens. As LuckyMac has already pointed out though, you should install a relay harness to take the extra load off the headlight switch when switching to the halogens. (I'll get mine in soon.)

There are a lot of different swap kits out there, but you're basically buying a new headlight housing with new, replaceable H4 bulbs.

Reactions: steves92

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Cool, yeah, harness is already in. Thanks. What's the deal with the xenon bulbs as opposed to the halogens? Different color spectrum? Xenon is more blue as opposed to the white?

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,647 Posts
Got these let's from Amazon. Plug and play and they are super bright!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I have the same.....
piece of cardboard under my Jeep.
Wife used to complain if I made a mess. I guess she's used to it by now.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: Tophog

·
Super Moderator
10,647 Posts
It seems to be never-ending. I fixed my valve cover leak (cracked plastic cover) and then found a rear main seal leak.
I fixed the rear main seal leak and then found the front crankshaft seal was leaking.
I installed a new timing chain with a dampener sleeve then found my rear differential was leaking.
I changed the fluids in both my differentials and now my transfer case is leaking.

I'm running out of cardboard to put under my Jeep so that I can keep my garage floor clean. I'm going to have to buy more tools just to get the cardboard that they come packed in. Then I'll have to buy a new tool box.
It's never ending.

Good Luck, L.M.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts