Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, long time lurker first time poster, for once i have an issue i can't deal with.

I have a 2000 Wrangler TJ 4.0L

I acquired some LED headlight that are straight shot plug ins... 1 power for HiBeam, one for LowBeam and one ground.

they will fit into the standard hole and bracket for the jeep thats no issue, however the wiring on the headlights has me stumped.

Apparently, the ground/power changes pins on me when i switch from low to hi beams. Anyone know a fix to this? Or maybe just a way to wire it in without shorting my system?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I just changed over my headlight wiring on my 97 yesterday, running relays to combat a voltage drop I had going on. At any rate at least on mine looking at it from the back of the headlight the violet wire to the upper middle plug was low beam, the black wire on the right was ground and the orange wire on the left was hi beam. I don't know of any ground switching, I took off my corroded plud and through a relay rewired it down to the new connector.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honestly i don't remember what brand they are, the just have 3 small plugs for hi/low/ground

The don't belong on the jeep technically, but they are 12v lights and they fit perfectly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts