Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last fall, replaced the stock 2017 headlights with some LED's. nothing too special, but they worked.

somewhere along the way, the little retention clip on the jeep wiring harness side (the female h13 i believe) snapped off, and now I'm having a heck of a time keeping the the connection solid

I'm also having a heck of a time finding a replacement part to just rewire the end

I'm looking for the green connector, with the red slide that sits on the jeep factory wiring harness, and my google-fu is failing in finding one

I've tried ty-wraps and tape and can't seem to force the ends close enough to stay connected for more than 3 bumps

the green oem connector in tihs vid is what i'm looking for

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Have you tried zip ties between the wires pulling the two connectors together? The ties when tightened should pull the two clips together.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here ya go. Easy to find via "T53A3" or "Jeep JK headlight connector"

https://www.amazon.com/Putco-239008HD-Automotive-Lighting-Standard/dp/B001MA5AWK/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=jeep+jk+headlight+connector&qid=1561396403&s=automotive&sr=1-3

Here is it with the red locking tab:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Connector-Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Headlight-DRL-Parking-Light-H13-68064997AA-9008-/253528800778

Online says the red locking tab isn't important on the cheap amazon one. And advice online says that zip ties work well as well.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Use 2 zip ties and put them in an X. I broke one when I put in my LED headlights almost two years ago, zip tied them in the X pattern and never had an issue with a connection coming loose.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Use 2 zip ties and put them in an X. I broke one when I put in my LED headlights almost two years ago, zip tied them in the X pattern and never had an issue with a connection coming loose.
I had to do this exact thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll definitely give it a go again. I've got the 2 zip ties thru the connector, and it seems like it should hold it, but it's just not cooperating

1 - 7 of 7 Posts