Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 14 Jeep with some aftermarket led ones. They have been good for months, but now are flickering and getting dim then bright. Sound like an electrical issue or is this how leds take a crap?

·
Registered
484 Posts
If they have an anti flicker harness similar to this

https://www.extremeterrain.com/lifetime-anti-flicker-harness-jk-h13rh.html?utm_content=XT Exterior - Other|Lifetime LED&T5_Var4=J101075&intl=0&utm_campaign=XTW+Wrangler+Vehicle+Medium&dialogtech=ppc&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&T5_Var3=orange&gclid=CjwKCAjwvNXeBRAjEiwAjqYhFgLr1OHDv5wP9kaaVuHdb8AyH2gzgWkMzIRf9pzssIdYSvIuWD1PCRoCCeEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

the harness could just be going bad. If they do not it internal in the light. I have a set of cheapo knock off lights with a halo ring and my passenger side started flickering and going bright/dim. I bought a 20 dollar anti flicker harness and it stopped. If you search Amazon you will find a few more options and price ranges from the one I linked.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Check to see if they have a PM (pulse module) inline between factory harness and headlights. If so one could be going bad.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had a anti-flicker pwm go bad on me. The headlight just quit coming on.

Flickering could be the pwm (they could fail another way) or maybe just a loose connection. Easy to check both. Swap the pwm modules and see if the other light acts up. You will also be testing the connection.

If you don’t have external pwm, maybe it’s built in? Or maybe it was never installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts