Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the road, so none of my books or electrical tools are handy. Brake lights, turn signals and hazards work as advertised. Dash, running and fogs will flash as I pull the switch (99 Sport) out, but that's all.

I've replaced the headlight switch, with no change. I'm leaning towards the ignition switch now. Any suggestions?

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
I'm on the road, so none of my books or electrical tools are handy. Brake lights, turn signals and hazards work as advertised. Dash, running and fogs will flash as I pull the switch (99 Sport) out, but that's all.

I've replaced the headlight switch, with no change. I'm leaning towards the ignition switch now. Any suggestions?
Dash and running lights are not wired through the ignition switch. Power for the dash and running lights comes directly from fuse #1 in the fuse block to the headlight switch. Sounds to me like maybe either another bad headlight switch or maybe more likely, a bad connection in the headlight switch connector.

See if you have power on the tan/black wire at the back of the headlamp switch.

·
Registered
15,658 Posts
Dash park and tail are not dependent on ignition switch

Maybe someone put in a self resetting circuit breaker and you have a short, the make circuit breakers that plug into fuse sockets

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the headsup on the ignition switch. I'll check the fuse. It would be nice to have an easy fix right now

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuse was bad. Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts