Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a jeep wrangler rubicon 2003. Suddenly My headlights do not work, high or low beam.
I cannot find the fuse. in the glove comp. the label says headlights 10A but the slot is blank and no contacts are available for a fuse anyway. under the hood in the fuse box none of the slots are marked for headlights just one labeled external lighting? What am I missing in this simple search?,
:pullinghair:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you that fuse is good. I am waiting for a service manual to come in. I must have a problem with the control switch? I can jump a + lead to the harness connector near the master cyl. and get both high and low beam headlights to go on. purple white stripe for low and red orange stripe for high.

·
Registered
15,671 Posts
This will get you a free complete factory service manual for your 2003 TJ today in PDF format

Just go to jeepslimited.com
Join for free and once approved (usually a day or less) you are gives access to to free download section where you can download a FSM and factory oem parts lists and diagrams

Or if you just want to look at FSM go to Morris 4x4 site got to knowledge base section and you can view FSM online for your specific year TJ

Just remember it is jeepslimited.com not jeepsunlimited

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
service manual

thanks man, the manual is awesome on line.
It discusses a circuit breaker after the fuse for the headlights. I may have to just find this ckt breaker and reset it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
headlights do not work

I followed the schematic right after the fuse it shows a circuit breaker. I cannot find a cir. breaker anywhere? Why does it even have a cir. breaker if it has a fuse? I can force both headlights to work if I apply 12V to the harness at various points.
Leaving the fuse box on the harness above the master cyl.
At the control switch on the steering column if I pull the connector out.
At the last connector over the driver wheel if I pull the connector out.
The fuse is good, Perhaps I have two problems at the same time? the circuit breaker that I cannot find to reset it, and the head light switch on column? :beerme:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts