Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Headlights

5K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  Quadratec 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I am a fan of halos and so where the people I wheeled with in the dank and dark PNW.

#3 ·
If I was going to put money into headlights, I would buy something that is actually going to provide better lighting at night and not just something cosmetic. I've got no issue with halos (as long as they are white) and am actually a big fan of DRL's, but I would spend the money to get an actual LED headlight. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

#26 ·
haha, i run my DRLs as the blinker lights.. my halos are orange in the day and the round blinkers are on too... i dont like being like everyone else... i like to be different LOL..

OP: check out amazon, i got headlights AND foglights for less than those raxioms, so far they holding up.. OEM headlights packed away safely if these dont last.

#4 ·
Headlights are important. You need them --- they're safety equipment. Halos can be functional if designed that way; listen to @dwtgolden and get a quality lamp, not a lamp-shaped toy.
I'm surprised that ET is selling those.

There are plenty of DRL options and plenty of quality headlamp options.

#32 ·
DOT approved? No such thing. In the US we do not have a type approval system; regulated motor vehicle equipment is instead certified *by the manufacturer* to comply with the apposite regulations. The DOT does NOT approve equipment!

Seeing as the maker can't even get that detail right, what else have they terribly screwed up with regard to the lamp itself?

#14 ·
Ive been going back and forth on what headlights I want... I was pretty sure I was going for the pro comp, but it seems people either love them or hate them.

Now I’m torn between the pro comps and the quadratec. (Or something else in that price range)

Anyone want to share thoughts?

#16 ·
The @Quadratec branded items would be a more hassle-free ownership experience imho

#19 ·
In general, halogen lights do not have issues in snowy climates because the halogen bulb heats the lens and melts any snow that tries to accumulate on the light. LED lights produce heat in the rear so do not warm the lens, allowing snow to accumulate on the headlight just like it does everywhere else on the front of your vehicle. The only solution is to buy a light with an LED light with a heated lens. The ones you are looking at are not heated.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

#21 ·
I bought the Q-tech heated LED’s as when we do get Winter precip it tends to be freezing rain/slush/wet snow where I live. These are the QTech by JWS. VERY easy install, have generally been pleased with them- I had tried upgraded Sylvania bulbs in the stock housings - not much difference. Much better with QT LED’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 ·
I bought the Q-tech heated LED’s as when we do get Winter precip it tends to be freezing rain/slush/wet snow where I live. These are the QTech by JWS. VERY easy install, have generally been pleased with them- I had tried upgraded Sylvania bulbs in the stock housings - not much difference. Much better with QT LED’s.
Sylvania's upgraded bulbs aren't very good --- Phillips makes the best H13 bulbs.
But there isn't much you can do with the H13 design, especially when the parabola isn't very good and the power delivery is pulsewidth modulated and throttled back from full potential.

#37 ·
@CaptnGus - there are quite a few posts here in WF on the KC LED’s - all positive from what I read.

I have the “Qtech made by JWS” LED’s and have been pleased with them. Direct plug-n-play. They are the projector variant so the appearance does differ from the stock headlamps - and they also are far superior to the stock ‘lamps, too... the stock lamps have less useable light output than what prob came on Henry Ford’s Model T, imho...

#38 ·
Hey guys I have a 2014 Rubicon X and I’m trying to find the best LED headlamps and fog package. I e searched but a lot of the posts are old. Tried the COWONE from Amazon and it arrived with a broken led lamp. I want to spend less than 200$, any recommendations? I have the different front bumper that came with my package.

#39 ·
Reactions: Ugoderosa
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.