Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was doing some body work. Realized that the space in the passenger side door is 1 inch shorter than the driver side. Did measurements and found that my frame is tweaked. I then took it to a body shop and since I work at a car dealership they gave me a discount and WITH the discount it would cost way more than I could afford....I'm one broke bastard. And so I am not forced to sell my baby and start over. My heart is broken and my mind is blown. I didn't think I'd be so attached to a vehicle. No matter what I get I hope I don't cry when the buyer takes her away...

image-2971433898.jpg

Registered
A tweeked frame isn't the end of the world. Mine is a little bent but one of these days I am going to take it and chain it down to something solid and use come-a-longs to get it straightened out. Not that it is a problem now, though. The hood just doesn't shut straight and the fenders don't line up with the rest of the tub and it bothers me. It is to be expected really with this old of a small off-roadable vehicle.

It sounds like someone already got things to line up somewhat. Does it drive? If so, why get rid of it?

Registered
Mine was bent also! these frames don't have very strong cross members and can be easily pulled and straightened it took about 3 hours at my dads body shop.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because the door won't even fit on it and until the frame is fixed body work to the tub won't do anything unless its mass amounts of fabrication. It's fine when it's summer but I live somewhere where I need a door 98% of the year and it won't stay aligned for more than a month and the hard top barely will go on and the fenders are messed up and to fix any of it will cost way more than I can afford. It is costing me more since it isn't fixed because I have to work on it too much to fix things that are resulting from the frame and paying to get it aligned once a month is a TON of money. I can't afford it at all. And I don't have any money for a car to drive until I fix it. So I need to sell it....I'm getting another wrangler it just breaks my heart to get rid of my first one. I've wanted a wrangler since I was a toddler and I have to get rid of my first one that I've put so much work into.

Registered
Sorry to hear about your issues. This Jeep may be your first but you can fall in love with the next one as well. Think about your first girlfriend! I am on my 6th Jeep vehicle and each one has a special place. If you cant make this one work, get another, dont look back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts