Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok weird question but you have to remember im asking for my girlfriends sake. lol. but is there an attachment or anything i can do or buy to make the heat blow into the cab more? like put in vents that blow towards your body instead if just into the floor?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
does your jeep have a/c ?
if so I did a tread on here on how to use the a/c blower fan to move air thru the
a/c vents to heat the cab better.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Winter Time Tip
Here is a tip I learned last year that works well.
If you live where it gets cold or would just like more heat thru out
the cab this works well.
First this works if you only have a/c in your Jeep.

Take a piece of dryer duct tubing and form one end around the a/c fan motor
housing ( i used some foil duct tape to hold it on and make air tight)
fan located under dash on the driver side of a/c system.

next route the duct around, over ,under, beside and just out of the way over stuff like the brake and gas pedal and position the open end to where some heat coming from the heater floor vent is blowing into it .

Now turn the compressor temp control all the way to the warmest setting
( so the compressor will not turn on )
and turn the fan on ( i find low or med to be a great setting)
point the vent to where it fills the cab with warmth and this year enjoy
your mobile tent all winter long.

If anyone would like pics of what I have done just ask.

Thanks to everyone on here that helps out fellow Jeepers..Have a great
Christmas and a Happy New Years!!!!

Scott Howard

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
i used to have a/c. my 1st jeep. 1990 2.5. i would turn the a/c fan on high, a/c temp at lowest setting (warmest) and aim the vents toward myself and passenger. then i turned the heater on high temp and fan on high. the a/c picked up the hot air and pushed it out hot. real great after coming out of the woods at sundown. you can also make a deflector to deflect defog air toward the seats.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no mine doesnt have a/c. all i have is defrost and the heat which comes out at your feet. and i guess just regular cool air when its on the blue/cold setting.

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
another tip... If you have cold air blowing in from under your dash, behind the guages. Mostly when cruising down the road ;)

My "Vent" setting opens a small plastic door into the duct up front where the air comes in the cowel. When switched to "Heat" the vent door closes and the heat turns on. Only on my 94' the vent door DOES NOT close all the way!!! It leaves about 1/2-3/4 of an inch open and the cold air just pours in down on my legs. (Very annoying!)

I found the best fix to be to take the screws out of the cowel and remove the cover (just above your hood by the windshield). Then, reach down inside towards the drivers side and push that vent door all the way shut. Then I use an auto-washing sponge shoved down into the square corner to keep it shut all winter and stop any cold air from sneaking in around it. Then of course, put the cowel cover back on until spring.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i actually already closed that vent by hand already. and it helped alot! but i still would like to make or buy something that might redirect the hot air into the cab. like if i have it set on defrost, make that air come out into the cab instead of just blowing into the windshield :confused:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
look at my reply above. just take a piece of sheet metal and cut to corret length and bend as desired to deflect defrost air.

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
I was thinking of using some vacuum hose in the lower vents angled up and cut off... Maybe drill holes, zip strip, I don't know... have to play w/the idea a bit as well. Im also looking into running a small 2" vacuum hose along the center console to the back seat for the kiddo's. Something like that could have holes cut along it where you want it to blow out.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
it might be cheaper to use pvc or irrigation hose. the are more riggid and won't squash flat with misguided feet or tools.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts