Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving around and feeling like my floorboards were hot as hell. So, I busted out a laser thermometer. The drivers side was 100+ and the passenger side was about 83. That's a huge difference!

When I got under the Jeep, it looks as if there is a heat shield on the passenger side. However, the drivers side does not seem to have one. Is mine missing? Or did they only build them with 1 shield?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I believe it's because the passenger side is where the cat and muffler are...going to be hotter over on that side. Do you have carpet? Bare metal?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have carpet.

I saw the exhaust on the passenger side and thought it would be hotter. However, the drivers side is 20+ degrees hotter.

Do you have a drivers side heat shield?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
No: they don't put one there. Guess that means the heat shield is doing it's job! I lined my tub with Durabak: Lot's of folks use that or Monstaliner or Rhino or whatever...seems to provide some insulation from heat/noise. Not a lot, but coupled with carpet and maybe some of the heat/noise shield stuff you slip under the carpet may give you what you are looking for.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about using DynaLiner. Supposed to help with sound and heat.

Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
We used Herculiner in our 97 and 00. Easy to install, harder to keep clean. The carpet has been permanently removed from both of ours but floor pans run MUCH cooler now that we have installed the Herculiner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts