Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heat recently went out on my tj, and come to find out, the wire harness with 3 wires, light green, dark green and black, on the passenger side of the heat control box has melted. It plugs into the climate control switch. Does anyone have a part number for this? I assume I can only get this from a dealer.

·
That WF guy.
21,557 Posts
Don't have the part number for you bud...suprising since I've done several of these now on different jeeps. :zap: I get the control box from the dealer parts counter.

As for the wiring....You can only get it from the dealer...NOW the REALLY BAD PART...you have to get the whole wiring harness to get the connector...as it is not sold seperatly and is part of the wiring harnes. :( Protected/covered female connetors work good for the fiix.

For the rest of the issue fix...read through this WHOLE thread. And the links in post #10.
CLICK ME---->>>>http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/heater-fan-control-16174.html

If you have any more questions let us know. :wavey:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the help! A trip to the hardware store and a half hour and its all fixed! I just used covered connectors, when it gets a little warmer out, I'll wire in some relays to help with the heat issue. Thanks alot!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts