Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas (uh em, and ladies),
Any thoughts on how I could "add" some nice heat flow to the rear bench seat for my little ones?
I looked at power inverters and a continuous run 1500 W ceramic heater. But was wondering, is there a clever way to reduct the heater vents/duct to the rear and achieve this?
Anybody done this please share and I thank you!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Inverter and 120v heater is a bad idea. That 1500w is like 12 amps ac. Plus the wasted energy from the inverter, you lookin at over 130-140 amps dc! Your batt will be cooked and so will your alternator!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I carry a heavy blanket in my Jeep for the folks in the back. I'm told it keeps them perfectly warm.

·
Commercial Member
553 Posts
I carry blankets and sweatshirts under my seat but there isn't any reason you couldn't install aftermarket seat heaters is there? I have plans to add them to my JK. I purchased a 2 seat seat up with a wiring harness on Amazon for around 50.00. Just haven't had time to get them installed yet.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Turn the heater on ? My Tj turns into a oven in about 5 minutes. Leave a few blankets in it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My kids complain about the heat in the back. Are you running a hard or soft top? Maybe you need to flush the heater core if it's not roasting you out.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess I should have specified: I run NO top, just a BestTip Safari bikini from May until October. And many of the trails I take my kids on are above 10,000 ft. Up on the Continental Divide. Weather up there changes instantly.
So yeah, I get the blankets and jackets...good one!
But in actuality, it would be nice to have a constant flow of heat passing back there. I have dual Yellow Top Optimas, but stick alternator. Maybe Mean Green...?
Anyhow, didn't know if anyone has run duct work back there. Also, those seat heater installs are right at $200+shipping. I def don't wanna spend that on seat heaters for the rear

·
Registered
66 Posts
What about a couple of these with extensions for the heater sleeves? I'm not sure how long the actual connection is.

ACE Lava Jacket

12v heater? But none of them really put out any real heat, if there is not an inclosure you'll probably not even feel it.

12v heated blankets might work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts