Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the owner's manual, the heated mirrors are activated whenever the rear window defroster is turned on. This indicates on the climate control knob as expected.

My question: should the heated mirror icon on the mirror (shown in white box in the picture below) also illuminate? The manual does not address this.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
No the little heater mirror icon on the mirror doesn't light up when on, also noticed you accidentally posted in the JL section.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for both the answer and the reminder. I'll repost over there in case anybody else has the same question...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Repost: 2018 Wrangler JK heated mirror indicator

I accidentally put this question in the JL forum yesterday.

Link:
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f1082/2018-wranger-jk-heated-mirror-indicator-2374979.html

Bottom line Q&A:
Nope, the heated mirror icon on the mirror does not illuminate when the rear window defroster is on.

The link is worth visiting for the extra picture of my dog in the rear view mirror. He's very happy to be turning 9 years old this month.

Reactions: Hilock and tgil

·
Super Moderator
7,833 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah... that's not a light or anything. It's just a printed logo to tell you the mirrors have the heaters in them.

Thanks.
Generally, I've found the owner's manual to be good for the Wrangler. I've had past cars where the heated mirror icon glows.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the assist.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts