Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, heated mirrors came with my 2012 Rubi. a couple of weeks ago, while in upstate n.y., they iced up and never cleared up after "turning them on". The the switch did light. i just ran a temp check on them using an ir thermometer since its a little chilly doday and got a reading of @ 38 degrees. i turned them on again and let them set for about 5 minutes and got the same reading using the thermometer. just as a control, i did the same to my dodge ram truck. they increased in temp from @ 38 to 45 degrees in just a couple of minutes. i mentioned it during my last service and the tech mentioned they don't do so good on the jeeps vs. the ram but they worked well on my 2007 sahara from what i can recall.

anyone else notice a similar situation with theirs? thought they might not be connected at the mirror or where ever they hook up. direction/adjustment works ok so at least some of it is hooked up.

thanks....

cass :wavey:

·
Registered
765 Posts
no problems yet. my heated mirrors are activated by the "rear defroster" button on the cold/hot knob. yours too?

check the wiring harness in the nylon-door strap. and maybe the fuse?

[not fuss'n with the doors and mirrors. got rugged ride OEM replacements for the tube doors, and if i decide to use the A-pillar side brackets]

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys....i'll check the wiring harness and fuses. i thought i had a seperate switch for the mirrors right next to the heated seats for the mirrors and push one of the air controls for the rear defroster....i think.

cass

·
Registered
765 Posts
thanks guys....i'll check the wiring harness and fuses. i thought i had a seperate switch for the mirrors right next to the heated seats for the mirrors and push one of the air controls for the rear defroster....i think.

cass
mine is just a sport s... so the fancier models may have the heated mirrors in a different location... though i bet it's the same... rear defroster button = mirrors too!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Do the heated mirrors still work when the soft top is on and the hard top has been removed?
Obviously there is no RW defroster on soft top.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Of course

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Heated mirrors? damn they are getting plush

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Was driving the JK Sunday and noticed the "icing" on the mirrors. 2012 JK Sport SOFT TOP!! Hit the "defrost" button "just for fun" (as the TJ doesn't have that) less than a minute icing gone...nothing but "rain drops"!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts