Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side heated seat doesn't appear to be working properly. When I hit the switch, the lights turn on, but it goes off a minute later. If I hit it again, the lights only stay on for a few seconds then it shuts off. The passenger seat works fine. All of the connectors under the seat look fully seated (no pun intended). Anyone else have a problem like this? It's under warranty but if it's something simple that could save me a trip to the dealer, that would be better.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
EricM said:
My drivers side heated seat doesn't appear to be working properly. When I hit the switch, the lights turn on, but it goes off a minute later. If I hit it again, the lights only stay on for a few seconds then it shuts off. The passenger seat works fine. All of the connectors under the seat look fully seated (no pun intended). Anyone else have a problem like this? It's under warranty but if it's something simple that could save me a trip to the dealer, that would be better.
Went to the dealer today. Apparently it's a short in the bottom grid. They've got the part on order.

Reactions: Hilock

·
Registered
372 Posts
Went to the dealer today. Apparently it's a short in the bottom grid. They've got the part on order.
That's good...winter's coming. You don't want your a$$ to get cold! :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
real4x4 said:
That's good...winter's coming. You don't want your a$$ to get cold! :D
Yeah. Admittedly, as fast as this thing heats up though, I'm not sure the heated seats were really necessary.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I decided to leave the soft top on this winter, so I'll be partially relying on the heated seats to survive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have recently discovered this issue too. If I go to the dealer am I going to get a "could not duplicate" response or are they going to know what is wrong with it?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm having this problem with mine, the passenger side works great but the drivers side sometimes doesn't wanna work, push button. It won't stay on, after its all warmed up tho it decides to work. Kinda useless at that point lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys. I'm having this same problem on my 2013 Rubicon, passenger side works just fine, drivers wont turn on.......until it gets warm like Matty87. I've had it at the dealer once with no luck fixing it. If anyone does figure out the issue make sure you share. Hard to say if it will be the same for every person but it's a good place to start.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Matty87 said:
I'm having this problem with mine, the passenger side works great but the drivers side sometimes doesn't wanna work, push button. It won't stay on, after its all warmed up tho it decides to work. Kinda useless at that point lol
x2

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have that problem sometimes, but only when it's REALLY F*CKING COLD, and in Winnipeg that's very often. I find when the cab heats up the seats will work. I just assumed it was a result of -45 cold. Maybe I should have them look at the seats. But yes, if it doesn't work when I really need it, that makes them a waste of money.

·
Registered
239 Posts
mckron said:
I have that problem sometimes, but only when it's REALLY F*CKING COLD, and in Winnipeg that's very often. I find when the cab heats up the seats will work. I just assumed it was a result of -45 cold. Maybe I should have them look at the seats. But yes, if it doesn't work when I really need it, that makes them a waste of money.
It must be a short or something. Many of us only have the problem on one side. Seems like it's usually driver's. I plan to take mine to the dealer soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I stopped in @ my dealer today to book a second appointment for them to look at my drivers seat, they said they had an opening so I left it with them. The first service report read "Electrical connections inspected and owner to monitor". I wondered after this if they had even done anything or just hoped I would take it and go away. This time after about 2 hrs they called and said they found the problem and had order a replacement "module" but it was back ordered 2 weeks. When I returned to pick up my Jeep it was very obvious that it hadn't moved since I dropped it off. So i'm guess even this time there was no actual diagnostic work done but I'm hopeful this module fixes it and the fact that its back ordered makes me wonder if perhaps they are having to replace a lot of them. Who knows, but I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
There was another thread about this (but this thread is an older one).

Yes, mine is doing it as well. It did it again today.

The driver side is much worse than the passenger side.....and from what I can tell, it really only acts up when it is super cold. If it is above 20 degrees, the seat heater will stay on...but when it is in the single digits...the driver side cuts off after a second or two.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Took mine to the dealer. They found the problem. They said there is a short in the internal module that the heater connects to. They are ordering it and should have it in a few days. That is consistent with what "pucry" was told, so maybe we have the answer. I am somewhat confident since I was originally told "could not duplicate, etc." They also told me they had some guidance directly from Chrysler. This is probably a fairly common problem that is in the process of bubbling to the surface for them. Seems like a 2013 issue, though, unless anyone with an earlier year tells us otherwise.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sorry but heated seats. I live in the desert. No need for that crap. Just makes me laugh when i see what other people deal with. Here we deal with 47C ( not sure what that is in F ). Air con on full.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm sure there are other parts of Australia where seated heats come in handy at certain times of year. We can't all live in the desert, you know.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Sorry but heated seats. I live in the desert. No need for that crap. Just makes me laugh when i see what other people deal with. Here we deal with 47C ( not sure what that is in F ). Air con on full.
There is no need to disrupt this thread.

Also, 47C is 116.6F. We will break 100F in the summer here in Chicago a few times a year....but the heat isn't the problem.....it is the humidity.

Reactions: jeepgrrl

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2012 Wrangler Sahara has the same problem, both seats stop working when it gets below -12C, it has been in the shop 5 times and modules and heating elements have been replaced. Dodge knows what is wrong and has a fix for the 2013, but have not retrofitted it to the 2012 or older. I am still waiting for it to be fixed. I heard there may be a major recall on the issue.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts