Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the autostart feature , but can't figure out how to have the seat heaters default to on so it works on autostart. Is this possible?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I would think it could be done if someone new what they were doing? My heated mirrors come on with the command start when the temp is low enough. Why couldn't the seats or rear defrost?

·
Registered
773 Posts
I've been under the assumption that the heated seats would not activate unless an individual was actually sitting in the seat. They might even use the same seat sensors that the airbags and seat belt warning systems utilize, I don't know!

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
CRNA said:
Your rear window defroster should come on automatically with the remote start-if you have the heater controls set on defrost, then the rear defrost will come on with the vehicle.
Wonder if that's true also if you have the auto temp and it's set to full auto? Mine is garage kept, so it may be a while before I get to test this one.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Your rear window defroster should come on automatically with the remote start-if you have the heater controls set on defrost, then the rear defrost will come on with the vehicle.
I will have to try it again. I have had the rear defroster on when I shut the Jeep off at night and it didn't come on with the auto start the next morning.

I'll keep you posted.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
No dice. I have to push the button to turn on the rear window defroster after auto-start.

However, I do have manual climate controls, not sure if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My rear defrost works on autostart, but I have the auto setting on my heater/ac
Mine comes on at certain temps, I noticed it the other day. I first thought I hit something, but the next day, i auto started but it wasn't cold out and no defrost. The next cold day with auto start and BAM! It was on again.

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
I dont have the climate control, but remember the defroster coming on with autostart last winter. Havent used autostart since, so I don't remember. It'll be 42 tonight, so I can try it out. (2012 JKU Sahara)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts