Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I live in Canada.

I have a 2015 ruby with heated seats. The seats hardy warm up / not enough for my liking. My wife x5, my f150 all have better warmers.

Has anybody replaced the elements on their jeeps?

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
First off, I live in Canada.

I have a 2015 ruby with heated seats. The seats hardy warm up / not enough for my liking. My wife x5, my f150 all have better warmers.

Has anybody replaced the elements on their jeeps?
Hmmm Bummer, was looking forward to winter this year just to try mine out.
On a similar note, my seats in my 4runner Limited were "warm" not HOT.
My Wifes Camry seats would cook Chicken.
I dunno, warm is really all I want considering (I think) they are On or Off -vs- a temp control reostat type thing.
So, I dunno. A "Not-Cold" seat will be appreciated I guess coupled with a Remote Start feature.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I agree about the seats. My drive is 10 mi long and I'm not sure if they are on by the time I make it to work.
I would be interested in a fix. And yes that is on high.
The heater works faster and hotter than any other vehicles I've owned.
Great topic before winter hits.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I have them on my 15 and tested them out once on both settings and they got HOT and heated up quickly.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Also have them on my 15 and mine work great. I usually need to turn it down to the low setting after a little bit. Though the first week or so they didn't feel that hot and I thought I got a dud, but after that they have heated up real nice.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Really? There are those not satisfied with the heat that the seat heaters put out!? Wow.

There must be some major difference between a NAS Wrangler and a ROTW Wrangler. Both in my 2010 (cloth seats) and my 2013 (leather) I often have to turn them down to the 'single-light' setting after about 10 minutes - and I like it toasty. My wife never wants hers on 'high'.
I was pleased with the seat heaters in my Discovery, all of my Defenders, and my wife's Alfa - until I got the Wrangler and felt what a heated seat should feel like. They heat up immediately and stay very warm even after they automagically turn themselves down after some time/temp/butt size algorithm (or however it works).

Maybe some of the satisfied tushies will post also and we can see how the opinions balance out. I was quite surprised to read that even one person wasn't pleased - what's next; someone who thinks the heater doesn't blow hot enough? (It is like a furnace)

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
My aren't all that good either. My Jeep dealer says its a safety thing that they don't get all that warm (yea, right).

From all the other threads here on this topic, it seems that there is a 50-50 chance one will get seat heaters that actually get toasty warm. I guess that possibly Jeep gets the seat heaters from (at least) two different vendors, and one makes them so they get nice and warm, and the other, not so much.

Here is the thread I started about a year and a half ago: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/heated-seats-ever-hot-465842.html

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Is heated seat only available with Katzkin? Mine heated seats and leather work great on my 2015 (at least in testing). I haven't used them in cold weather yet.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Is heated seat only available with Katzkin?
The heat seat option is available with cloth or leather too. Though, Jeep might restrict which models the option can be ordered.

Mine heated seats and leather work great on my 2015 (at least in testing). I haven't used them in cold weather yet.
Like I said, it seems to be a 50-50 chance that one's heated seats work well or not. Its just luck which you get, and it seems that dealers don't know what to do if you are in the unlucky group.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I have not turned mine on yet.....and I'm not rushing to use them since the weather is still nice here.

·
Registered
898 Posts
WaltA,
Just took a quick look at the other thread which you had started and it seems as if it might be a lottery sort of like you said. But there was one comment about aftermarket seat heaters requiring a 'break-in' period (I do not know if that is true or not) so maybe it could be that those in the Wranglers may improve with use. Mine were hot and toasty from day one in both Jeeps, so I cannot verify that.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have a 2013 and mine suck. I should add that I've had heated seats in probably the last ten vehicles I've owned and they are by far the worst. I've had them in VWs that needed to be turned off, so I know how they're supposed to work. Mine suck.

·
Registered
664 Posts
No complaints on my '13, takes me about 30 minutes to drive to work and I end up having to turn them off 10 minutes later, however I do park in a heated garage as well so the seats aren't frozen when I get in. When I leave work they get hot pretty quick too usually 20 minutes until I have to turn the off. I think they are just as warm as my 2 previous Dodge Chargers.

What I would like to see is a way to turn them on automatically when the temp is below as certain point and you start it with the remote starter so when I leave work after it's been sitting outside all day it they would be warm.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I luv them.... Mine heat up great, they are the factory ones.. I swear the more you use them the hotter they get.. Nothing beats getting out of the gym and putting the heated seats on.. Makes my back feel great after a hard workout.. Well worth it.. Sorry to hear your not happy.. I have them with the leather seats.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts