Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning

I have a 2018 JLR and have add a few mods winch, cube lights they are all installed into battery but now my heated seats wont work and dealer has said the cant fix because of my upgrades have drained the module. I need some advice, I'm thinking dealer know I've upgraded jeep so they can say it's because if those upgrades but I just dont know

Thanks for any help
Guy

·
Registered
317 Posts
Good morning

I have a 2018 JLR and have add a few mods winch, cube lights they are all installed into battery but now my heated seats wont work and dealer has said the cant fix because of my upgrades have drained the module. I need some advice, I'm thinking dealer know I've upgraded jeep so they can say it's because if those upgrades but I just dont know

Thanks for any help
Guy

Are you 100% sure the heated seats are no longer working. You do know that heated seats and heated steering wheel on your JL, even if you press the button to turn them on, will not turn on/ will not activate, unless outside temperature (ambient temperature) is below 40 degrees I believe it is.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are you 100% sure the heated seats are no longer working. You do know that heated seats and heated steering wheel on your JL, even if you press the button to turn them on, will not turn on/ will not activate, unless outside temperature (ambient temperature) is below 40 degrees I believe it is.
Is that really a restriction to the JL's? I've never heard that before, the heated seats on my JKs, pickup, and JGC work anytime, as well as the heated steering wheel (truck and JGC). I can't imagine Jeep put that restriction into the JLs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The JL heated seat and steering wheel work all the time. Just trying to figure out how it drained the module when the lights, and winch are directly hooked to battery.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Not true. I had mine on this morning, it was about 55. It just felt a little chilly and I wanted to see how well they worked (first time)

·
Registered
317 Posts
I was quite sure this ambient temp thing was mentioned with the JL's lastD Fall..
-----------------Daaaah, now I remember......... the ambient temp requirement came into play when you started the JL with factory installed remote start. Steering wheel and heated driver's seat would not come on when you remote start unless temp is below 40 degrees, I believe.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I live in NE Florida and can confirm that the heated seats work whether it is 40 degrees or 120 degrees.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The JL heated seat and steering wheel work all the time. Just trying to figure out how it drained the module when the lights, and winch are directly hooked to battery.
Have you tried tying the winch and lights into the AUX switches if you have them?

You are right though I don't see how tying the winch and lights into the battery could affect the seats.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I live in NE Florida and can confirm that the heated seats work whether it is 40 degrees or 120 degrees.
The ambient temp requirement comes into play when you start the JL with factory installed remote start. Steering wheel and heated driver's seat willd not come on when you remote start unless temp is below 40 degrees, I believe.

·
Modern Day Warrior
1,057 Posts
I'm still trying to understand how you "drain" the module that controls the heated seats.
Are you only give so much "heater fluid" in that module? :bop:
I could see if they were arguing that your electrical mods somehow overload or fried another component if it was tapped into for power, but not directly wired to the battery.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I'm still trying to understand how you "drain" the module that controls the heated seats.
Are you only give so much "heater fluid" in that module? :bop:
I could see if they were arguing that your electrical mods somehow overload or fried another component if it was tapped into for power, but not directly wired to the battery.
Sounds legit. All the heat in the module got drained out into the winch somehow and now it's cold.

He can probably fill it back up with a heat gun. I just have no idea where the module is in a JL and you'll want to be careful not to overfill it and melt something around it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good morning

Thanks for any help
Guy
My 2017 JK Rubicon had issues in the second year, First time to the dealer they say its good, second time to the dealer, My wife said put your ass in it and tell if its hot or not All functions were all good, the problem is these are Chinese made products, by more than 1 vendor, 99% of the time the unit has failed. So they replaced the passenger side, with another unit, the driver side has been fine for the last 3 years, the replacement driver side has been good for two years since replacement, Its a dealer issue and you got to hold fast with the Service department, basically the worst part of the Jeep Experience, why it cost the Dealer money......PS send in a pissed off wife, they act different

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sounds legit. All the heat in the module got drained out into the winch somehow and now it's cold.

He can probably fill it back up with a heat gun. I just have no idea where the module is in a JL and you'll want to be careful not to overfill it and melt something around it.
LOL! I was wondering if the blinker fluid part number would cross-reference to the empty seat module?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts