Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we've had a recent thread on this, but I'm really just wanting to know if anyone knows much about the difference between the Check Corp. and the Warmseats brands. Anyone have any knowledge of the differences? pros or cons?

IIRC, the Check Corp makes the MOPAR ones, but I actually like their "cheaper" 2-select switch better than the thin, stick-on one that they have in their MOPAR and more expensive kits.

I never thought I'd even consider heated seats until I started thinking that I might be able to extend the doors and top off season with them, plus they'd be nice for our winters.

Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
thats a great Idea.. about extending the time topless.... im going to have to look into a poormans junkyard donor on this one..... BUMP

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Just want to say that the mopar stick on buttons are really sticky .as long as you clean surface with prep wipes . Three settings -high- med- low- off

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^ I'm sure they do work well. I'm just kind of partial to the "simpler" look of the other ones. The MOPAR also don't look like they have much of a "click" or "rocker" feel to them. Do they? I know my reasons for the cheaper switches are superficial, but I figured if I like the cheaper ones better, why not? haha

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
The hardest part was the leather upolstry getting the ...dont know how to describe it .its a long plastic rail that grabs onto another rail witch holds the seat tight .getting them off and on were a pain .but didnt have to remove the seats witch save time . For the wiring i thought was easy ive done dozens of radio installs in all my friends cars and mine so taking apart the dash i kind of enjoy every thing is just plug it in cant really mess up the instuctions are just a bunch of pics no really words of how to .

·
Registered
293 Posts
I didn't realize they came in two different versions. Anyway, I have a two-select switch for my heated seats (high, low, or off). The switch is located on the center console between the cupholders and the shift boot.

I find this switch very easy to operate. I wouldn't want it on the dash. The seats get very hot on the high setting, so I usually switch to low after fifteen minutes or so.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't realize they came in two different versions. Anyway, I have a two-select switch for my heated seats (high, low, or off). The switch is located on the center console between the cupholders and the shift boot.

I find this switch very easy to operate. I wouldn't want it on the dash. The seats get very hot on the high setting, so I usually switch to low after fifteen minutes or so.
Hey would you mind posting a pic of your switch location so I can see how it looks. I haven't totally decided where I wanna put mine. Looking at different options.

·
Registered
523 Posts
do you have to cut holes to install those switches? daedalus, those are great placement for the switches IMO, i would just be worried about having to cut holes

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am not sure if holes need to be cut, since they were already installed when I bought the Jeep. What does that part of your console look like? Are there any markings for holes?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts