Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange problem with my Heater/AC Vacuum Switch.

It was pretty much sticking on a certain settings (Dash vent) where the air/heat only came out of that setting, but if I played with the switch I was able to get it to another setting. But even sometimes it would still blow when I turned it completely off.

I installed a new switch but still having the same problem and now some of the lights aren't coming on with all 3 buttons (fan, cold/heat and heater vacuum switch.

So...

1) Could if be something else besides the Heater/ac vacuum switch that could be causing the settings to not properly work?

2) What could have caused some lights to not come on and are they individual bulbs? When replacing the heater/ac switch I only pulled that switch off of the back panel with the plug to the right of it).

Thanks

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
You need good vacuum to get it to direct airflow when switching settings. When you have low or no vacuum at the switch it will default to defrost. It does not sound like that is what is happening to you so I assume the vacuum is good.

When you turn the knob can you feel the detents clicking to the next position? If not the knob may be bad & turning freely on the shaft which is known to happen (plastic knobs). Pull the knob & inspect it & also try turning the shaft with pliers to see if the switch changes the airflow positions.

As for the lights, I’m pretty sure there are 2 bulbs in the panel & have read they are common bulbs available at most auto supply stores. I do not remember the bulb # but just remove one & take it to the store & match it, assuming one or both are bad. You should first check if the orange wire to the panel has 12v when the lights are turned on (cluster & other switches are lit).

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
That is the socket with bulb. You should be able to remove the bulb by pulling to straight out from the socket.

Then take it to the parts store & they will match it. If I recall, it is a very common bulb.

OK you posted as I was looking/typing...

That is the link I was looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts