Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. Does anyone know how to get into the heater blower motor? It doesn't work & I need to replace it for the cold days ahead. I noticed screws in the main shroud but it looks like they are put in from the back...? If anyone has replaced the blower in their Jeep, please let me know how your install went. Thanx tons! Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part Bumper

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Book shows to remove the blower motor mounting screws I can see them in the picture.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
there are nuts on your firewall on the engine side you need to remove. 3 near the battery tray and motor, and one near the backside, behind, the valve cover. (if i recall correctly). Then its disconnecting the control lines and some finesse to get it out from under the dash.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
You may want to consider upgrading the blower motor while your in there. I replaced/upgraded mine using a new one for a 93 Bronco. Only had to increase the size of the hole in the firewall. You should also replace the heater core while your in there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx everybody for the advise. I'm tearing into it on Sat. I'll post some pics of it disassembled.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since I had already purchased the motor, upgrading as was suggested wasn't an option at the time. I did find exactly what you said, thanx for the pic. But the new motor still doesn't work. It isn't a fuse, at least not one under the left dash in the panel. Unless there's one under the hood I've missed. What else could it be? I've read through other threads & nothing seems to match a completely non working blower.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I forgot to ask about the wiring of the new blower. The new 1 has a black & orange wire coming out. The old harness connection has a black wire & a black with white stripe wire. I clipped off the connector & taped up the black to black then the orange to black w/white stripe, separate, of course. That's correct isn't it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts