Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so my heaters always been weird I don't have ac, so I never touched it in the summer, but I recently found out that the heart slider wont even slide to the cold side and the slider that changes it from head to feet ext that will slide but does nothing, then the fan controls low-high work fine, any ideas?
1997 tj

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Most likely the controls have become disconnected or something is blocking them (for the temp blend). The diverter is controlled by vacuum and most often than not it is a leak.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr Mac said:
Most likely the controls have become disconnected or something is blocking them (for the temp blend). The diverter is controlled by vacuum and most often than not it is a leak.
I took it apart and nothin
R those vacuums pricey

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The 97 heat cold slide is picky.
Put the vent selector to O (off) and try moving the temp lever to cold.

the blend door is vacuum controlled and on mine the vacuum line is coming out into the engine bay
with the heater core inlet/outlet hoses and taps into a T .
Just trace this line and make sure it is not cracked and is plugged up to the manifold.

Let me know if you need pics or call me if you need more help.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scott howard said:
The 97 heat cold slide is picky.
Put the vent selector to O (off) and try moving the temp lever to cold.

the blend door is vacuum controlled and on mine the vacuum line is coming out into the engine bay
with the heater core inlet/outlet hoses and taps into a T .
Just trace this line and make sure it is not cracked and is plugged up to the manifold.

Let me know if you need pics or call me if you need more help.
Id love pics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts