Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I replaced my heater core and now it doesn't heat up. It only blows warm. The old heater core would keep me warm with the top off, now it doesn't keep me warm with the top on. Would hving the heater hoses on wrong cause this? Or is the aftermarket heater core not capable of handling a Jeep? Any other ideas? My specs are in my signature. Thx

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never heard of that in a YJ or a 2.5 before.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
If it worked OK before you replaced it, should be good after so pull the lines off and see if there is air in there. You can pull one and see if it will burp. Did you put in a new tstat while you were working it??? If you changed the temp of the tstat it will affect heat oin the whole system.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I changed a heater hose the other day and when I started the Jeep up it overheated. The thermostat stuck closed. Had to replace it, Go figure....

·
Registered
558 Posts
When I replaced mine it didn't blow warm I find that the blend door was stuck after it was put back together now it's toasty warm on my right foot

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yes if you put the hoses on wrong the core will not heat the way it's suppose to. The water should flow in the bottom of the heater core and out the top, this gives the core the proper amount of time to heat up and provide the proper amount of heat.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Indirect question, anybody know where to get a replacement blender door and vent door. The foam on mine is el-nasty and since I have my heater sitting on my bench figured why not replace the doors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts