Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just drove 6 hours to visit family in western PA. as my luck would have it, im pretty sure my heater core is failing as im finding coolant on the passenger floor. My question is this, do these only leak//take in coolant when heat is on? Ive gotta make it back home and dont want to over heat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's an open loop, just like your radiator. You could install a bypass valve to help you get by until you get it replaced though. They're fairly cheap and easy to install.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I was looking at that. Made it home! In 6 hours only lost about 2 inches of coolant from the resevior. Had to skip out on the trail ride however I did test drive some UTVs and man that yamaha is sweet! Had enough in the spare bottle I keep in the jeep to keep it relatively full. Its going in for a warantee brake line repair next week. Likely just going to have the shop take a look at it as I dont have the time and patience to mess with a heater core. I dont mind mechanical work but that dashboard stuff just sounds like a pia.

It's an open loop, just like your radiator. You could install a bypass valve to help you get by until you get it replaced though. They're fairly cheap and easy to install.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts