Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2000 tj sport. The blower motor does not work on any speed. I have tested the motor and it works. I have replaced the resistor, relay, speed switch, and blend door switch. I have also checked continuity on all wires in the sub harness (the harness that runs between the motor, relay, resistor, and the green connector.) Last but not least, I have continuity from the resistor switch to the resistor and the fuse behind the glove box is fine. Where do I go from here?
Thanks.
Steve

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Check fuse 1 in the PDC. Then check if the blower motor ground wire (black/tan) that goes from the motor to the resistor is grounded (has continuity to ground) when the mode switch is in any position except off. Sometimes the 3 wire connector to the mode switch has a bad (lose fitting terminal) connection & signs of excessive heat. The mode switch itself must also be grounding the motor through the black & dark green wires when "on" through that 3 wire connector. If you are losing ground even with new switches check that connector carefully.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 97 to,there is a little plastic connection,at the end of the slider,that may be broken at the End of the cable,I put a little screw through mine and has been good since,note it is hard to find behind the dash board and you need 2 elbows and a lot of patients to get at it.sounds like it is mechanical at this point and not electrical.Pretty easy to pull the dash under the steering wheel ,look towards the heating cables I think you will see the problem.Good luck KevinSt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts