Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here could give me some clues to diagnose this problem. I have a 99 TJ with no AC, driving it a couple of weeks ago I noticed an odd smell when I had the heater running. Heater finally gave out and while looking for the problem I pulled the heater control assembly out of the dash. What I found was the on/off switch (it is part of the position selector switch, far right dial) had melted completely. It got so hot that it melted the connector coming from the wiring harness, the female part of the switch that it plugged into and partially melted the heater control assembly. I thought it was just the switch that had gone bad and tried putting a toggle in, just to confirm but I still can not get the blower motor to power on. I checked the fuses and they are all good surprisingly, any help would be appreciated.
Jim
 

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
Joined
·
3,690 Posts
There's a write up on this somewhere on here with a method to fix it...it may cover the reason why your blower still won't power on and it explains how to wire the switch up using a relay so you never have to worry about melting the switch again.

...or your blower motor may have seized up which caused the overload in the wiring?
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top