Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stumped and tired of banging my head against the same spot on the wall. Maybe you guys can help me here:

I have a 99 TJ with heater problems. After some overheating issues, etc. I ended up taking it to the shop. To make a long story short, it now has a new radiator and fresh coolant.

I still have crappy heat. The operating temp is just fine - about 210 degrees. Both hoses going into/coming out of the heater core are hot/warm, so I'm pretty sure it's not clogged. Coolant levels are fine. But even with the blower on high, the lukewarm air coming out of the vents can't even clear my windshield of fog. It's 0 degrees out, but it seems to me it should be able to at least clear my windshield.

As soon as it gets lighter I'm going to make sure my blend door is opening all the way. Other than that I'm stumped. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Heater core could be plugged, disconnect hoses at firewall and try flushing it. Had it happen in a chevy truck I had once.

·
Registered
125 Posts
There have been several posts regarding a clogged heater core on here in the last few weeks

Do a search and you can scroll through all the posts and replys - including mine

I'd reccomend flushing your heater core (independantly from your cooling system) as it's going on 13 years old and most likely never been flushed or cleaned.

If you have questions - PM me

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had a Cherokee with a clogged core. The heater hoses were too hot to touch right up to the connections to the core on the firewall, but no water was flowing through it. Sounds like you have the same issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts