Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Mine was doing the same last year. I flushed my heater core and it worked.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Is your coolant level low? The heater is usually the first thing to drop out when coolant gets just a little low.
And like he said, core could need flushed, could be the blend door isn't operating all the way for some reason. (Bad heat controller on dash, blend door motor, or door jammed with dirt?)

Just some general ideas.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a stupid question because I'm not car fixing person. New to all this. But how do you flush the core? Also where is the blend door motor? Sorry guys!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Autopc

I took the cover off the actuator and looks like your photo. Do you clean the yellowish grease off hen you sprayed it. Or does that stay?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok autopc you mentioned to mark the gears because you don't want to fiddle with it. Well to late. Now the it blow both floor and face no matter of the settings. Now what ? Lol

·
Knows a couple things...
49,138 Posts
What temperature is your engine temperature gauge indicating? It needs to be 200-210 degrees for the heater to work properly. If the engine temp is much cooler than that, install a new 195 degree engine thermostat which sets the minimum correct temperature for the engine so it runs properly and the heater can put out enough heat.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Jerry is right. First check if your operating temp thermostat is right. Make sure there are no bubbles in the system.

Was there a lot of flow when you flushed the core? The core might still be plugged if you have poor flow.

Could also be your blend door stuck open. I am guessing this since you had problems when you took apart the blend door actuator?

I also replied to you PM.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Autopc

Not a lot of pressure while flushing just used hose without Nosel. There was some debris coming out. I may try with the Nosel to have better pressure if this wont hurt anything. Havnt check thermo yet not sure how without going to a mechanic....

·
Knows a couple things...
49,138 Posts
With your engine running at the correct temperature, something's not right with the blend door or heater core. When you flushed the heater core, did you flush it both directions and got good flow through it at the end? In addition, your heater core always has hot coolant passing through it, even when the heater's temperature control is turned all the way down. The only thing that controls how much of that heat makes it into the passenger compartment is the blend door.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
E98tj said:
I am curious to see what your issue is I am actually having the same problem just warm no hot air.
E98tj

Flushed the core again today but use the water hose with nozzle which added the straight line pressure and seemed to have work. The heat appears to be warmer now. Possibly need to do a radiator flush in the near future!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok guys thanks for the help I flushed the core again but with the nozzle attached and let it flow. Very dirty which means I will need to do a radiator flush soon. The heat is a lot warmer than before.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts