Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Knows a couple things...
49,629 Posts
First question, is your engine taking longer to warm up to its normal 210 degree temperature? Is your engine even reaching 210 degrees?

If the engine isn't getting up to its normal 210 degrees in the normal length of time, odds are very good that the engine thermostat is bad and it needs to be replaced with the factory specified 195 degree model thermostat. That's an easy "one-banana" job. Stant and Robertshaw are two good brands of thermostats. Avoid installing a "fail-safe" thermostat which causes more problems than it helps with.

If the engine is at its normal 210 degree (or very close to that) operating temperature and the heater is still not putting out enough heat, the heater core is almost certainly partially or maybe even fully clogged. Flushing the heater core back & forth with a garden hose via the heater core's two hoses is the usual fix that restores it back to operation.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,629 Posts
it gets up to temp pretty quick,just not much heat for a while
Based on that, thoroughly flushing the heater core back & forth via its two hoses repeatedly until it flows well will very likely restore your heater back to good operation.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yep i live in Hillsboro, ohio .i just got my heater blow hot air today. My problem was leaves and sand blocking the air flow to the coil. Took the battery and heater fan out and cleaned it out now reaches 129* .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts