Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help! I have a 1997 TJ and cold air blows through the vents when it is in the heat position. Does anyone know what could cause this problem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Malfunctioning blend door. Or if you're lucky just the cable for the slider temp control. That is what I would look into first.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The cable to the blender door is under the passenger side dash closer to the center. You can reach under and move it back and forth. Usually it breaks (the door itself) and there are only a couple of ways to repair it. The simplest is to cut out below the door and replace the door with one you have removed from another donor. Then you will have to pop rivet in a piece of sheet metal to cover the hole. Then for those who like to tinker you purchase a complete heater box with a functioning door and replace the complete thing. This will require the removal of the dash, metal frame and heater box, you will also need a set of torx bits. It's the best way to replace and I went this route with mine, but I also changed out the dash to black while I was doing this!

·
Registered
741 Posts
I had the same issue in my 1999 TJ but it was caused by a radiator flush stopping up the heater core. I removed the heater hoses at the front of engine and flushed the heater core and now I have heat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts