Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ones the hood scoop really help your heater or is it just for looks? And is the anything to help heat the inside better besides just your feet?

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Ones the hood scoop really help your heater or is it just for looks? And is the anything to help heat the inside better besides just your feet?
hood scoop is for looks IMO.

Heaters in Jeeps are generally fantastic. If yours is sub par, I'd suggest look into flushing out the heater core. Here's a good check. with the engine warm and running and the heater blowing. pop the hood. Feel the two hoses that are going to the firewall on the Pass side. Is the top one considerably warmer than the bottom one? If so your core is plugged up and needs to be flushed.

How does your coolant look? Brown? If so. Flush it out thoroughly and see how things go.

Another possibility is the a/c mix door (I forget the actual name) may be stuck.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Stock heater/blower in my '94 will melt the flesh off my feet!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I don't even need to turn my heater on, it blows hot air all the time. Is that normal?
I do get air some air movement whether the fan is on or not.
But the temperature lever should control the heat.
As you slide the lever from Hot to Cold you should feel resistance as the attached cable open and shuts the baffle.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I do get air some air movement whether the fan is on or not. But the temperature lever should control the heat. As you slide the lever from Hot to Cold you should feel resistance as the attached cable open and shuts the baffle.
Yes, I feel resistance with the lever, and I can hear the baffle opening and closing. When I move it to Vent, the blower motor comes on, is that normal?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts