Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
were having alot of snow here in ct and i had about 5 inches all over my YJ i hop inside to let it warm 5 minutes later i return and put the heat on all of a sudden snow comes flying out of my floor vents. It was funny and scared me a little. WTF happened is it becuase the heat is air induction and i never knocked in off my hood and vent ????????

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
your vent intake may be filling up with snow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Get yourself a vent scoop, but make sure you mount it with the opening towards the windshield. It will actually bring in more air that way plus help in keeping snow or other debris out of the vent plenum. Also make sure your drain tube is clear in there as well. On my 90 YJ, I replaced the heater core and also the blower motor. The newer style motors produce much more air through the heater core thereby giving more heat.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Tell me about it! I was driving around just a little while ago. It's a blizzard down here in Branford. My cowl vent got all clogged with ice but still blew hot air in as it always does.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Make sure your cowl vent grille still has it's screen under it. That should stop most of the snow from getting in there. The cowl and plenum both have drains so don't worry about the snow that gets down in there. It will melt and drain out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow, Your YJ has heat?
I thought Wrangler heaters were more like an extra little rad.
Mine never gets real warm,but I'm getting older...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts