Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was swapping out my brake buster I noticed under the dash there was a lose vacuum line. It is running next to another vacuum line that is plugged into the middle of three ports on a small whitish switch attached the the heater/vent control.

Question is which one of the two exposed ports should it be plugged into? And should one port be open to the atmosphere or plugged?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,942 Posts
Getting into the dash on the Sahara shortly, I'll see if it's still still hooked up, No air was ever installed and the blower isn't working so it might be fubar like the rest of the dash. Send you some pics if anything worth taking.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,942 Posts
Mine Looks exactly like yours, no orange tube anywhere

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I’ve plugged the loose vacuum line back into the port shown like the photo I found above. I fire it up tomorrow and check how it is working. So this should control the drivers side fresh air vent door. Correct?

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
The black line is the vac supply from the manifold, the green line goes up to the vacuum Motor behind the glove box that controls the airflow from outside. the drivers side is controlled by a cable that opens when top lever is moved to vent position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts