Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my
715596 : Heavy Duty JK Cable Shifter Upgrade (#715596) from advance adapters.

today. Will have it installed in next few days. Looks very robust. Am trying to prevent a reoccurance of issue we had in Sept, broken cable end and stuck in middle of nowhere, on a mountain 10 miles from any road.
:)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Received my
715596 : Heavy Duty JK Cable Shifter Upgrade (#715596) from advance adapters.

today. Will have it installed in next few days. Looks very robust. Am trying to prevent a reoccurance of issue we had in Sept, broken cable end and stuck in middle of nowhere, on a mountain 10 miles from any road.
:)
Yup there you go, I installed mine a little while back awesome ! ! ..I think well worth the money
And piece of mind..

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Shifter works fine, feels much more robust and positive when shifting T C.
I've been looking at this. How was the install?

·
Registered
907 Posts
When I did mine it took me a couple hours. Most of that was taking the console apart.lol.
And getting shifter knob off, Grrrrrrr....other than that pretty straight forward install. Note
If you have a Rubicon it's a little more involved, because of diff T-Case....

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
When I did mine it took me a couple hours. Most of that was taking the console apart.lol.
And getting shifter knob off, Grrrrrrr....other than that pretty straight forward install. Note
If you have a Rubicon it's a little more involved, because of diff T-Case....
Thanks for the reply. The instructions show pressing a pin out and then back in. In the video they use a press, which I don't have. How did you do that part? With a vice?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I really like my AA cable, but you do have a little gear noise from transfer case with the hardtop and doors on.

Not a lot, but you can hear it.

Not a problem with the windows open or everything off.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Thanks for the reply. The instructions show pressing a pin out and then back in. In the video they use a press, which I don't have. How did you do that part? With a vice?
Yep I used my Vice , worked fine.....

·
Registered
825 Posts
I've had one on my '09 for about four years now, works great. I had the same thing happen as the OP, but with one last stab at the lever it went back into 2hi. Made it home and got some clips from the dealer, who wsaid as buying them 50 at a time. I improvised an e-clip & washer solution that worked OK but the AA cable was a permanent fix.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I really like my AA cable, but you do have a little gear noise from transfer case with the hardtop and doors on.

That's the only issue with the AA cable. Because the support bracket at the trans is metal-on-metal it transmits trans noise right into the cabin. That might turn some folks off.

·
Registered
907 Posts

Hmm..I have never noticed any from mine......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts