Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The particular one you have linked appears to me to be for a V8 application
I guess I pasted the wrong link. Sorry about that. Still curious though. Has anyone used this brand over CRT?

Registered
I don't have any info on that HEI as I run one from CRT, just a couple of comments, first you will need the pig tail so you can add that to the price. CRT provides one.
also, if you have done research you have heard of problems with the distributor gear being to hard on some of the cheaper HEI's, do you really want to take a chance to save a couple of bucs?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have any info on that HEI as I run one from CRT, just a couple of comments, first you will need the pig tail so you can add that to the price. CRT provides one. also, if you have done research you have heard of problems with the distributor gear being to hard on some of the cheaper HEI's, do you really want to take a chance to save a couple of bucs?
Those are all good thoughts. That's why I'm asking. The reviews on Amazon are almost 100% positive and aside from new plug wires, it supposedly comes with everything needed. But, CRT is known to be good so I'm not committing to the Amazon one yet. Just curious if anyone has used one, or anything other than CRT for that matter.

Registered
I bought the unit for $48.50 on eBay from Skip White (Kingsport, TN). I removed the provided gear and installed my original gear on the unit. It was very simple to do and from what I understand is generally recommended in many cam applications. Since the gears wear in together you are supposed to use old with old and new with new. Unit works great and was a great upgrade.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought the unit for $48.50 on eBay from Skip White (Kingsport, TN). I removed the provided gear and installed my original gear on the unit. It was very simple to do and from what I understand is generally recommended in many cam applications. Since the gears wear in together you are supposed to use old with old and new with new. Unit works great and was a great upgrade.
Thanks for comment! What brand does the guy on eBay sell?

Registered
The eBay listing states the brand is TSP. Their phone number is 423-722-5152. Admittedly don't know much about the different brands. Do know this one worked well for me. Did have to pay $10 shipping and had to buy the pigtail connector separately for another $10 or $11. Good luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I appreciate it. This rig has 30 years of splices and mess under the hood and i'm trying to lean it out as best I can. This seems like a great place to start. I've got another thread I started yesterday with a couple random plugs that I can't identify, if anyone has any thoughts on what they might be.

I appreciate everyone's input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts