Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best thing I've done so far.... Wow my jeep use to spudder, run like crap at idle and die when it wanted at stop lights or stop signs and cut out at take off..... Runs like fuel injection now, don't even know its running at stop lights

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
the HEI distributor is one of the best mods you can do to a 4.2. add a different carb and the engine comes alive. I've run mine for almost 5 yrs with no problems.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I agree. I put mine in yesterday and wow, what a difference. I still have a misfire, but after the dizzy, 8mm plug wires, new plugs, and the mc2150 carb, I think it may be in the valves :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a weber carb and I didn't even time mine and it purrs like kitten... I have a slight ping when on the freeway and climb a hill so still need to fine tune it even out of time a little it runs a hell of a lot better... I'm impressed!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a weber carb and I didn't even time mine and it purrs like kitten... I have a slight ping when on the freeway and climb a hill so still need to fine tune it even out of time a little it runs a hell of a lot better... I'm impressed!
Yeah, do your timing or it could go boom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts