Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster!!! Does anyone know if the Hella 500 Black Magic wire harness is a direct plug in to the factory 2005 TJ Fog Lamps Harness. If so will they work as a replacement?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have never installed the black magic lights themselves, but I have installed plenty of the 500 series lights. If bought as a kit, they do come with wiring, switch, fuses and relay but it is not a plug and play harness per say. The regular 500 series come with a non terminated blue and black wire, with the black being positive and blue for ground. Also, as far as I know, black magic and 500ff only come in a driving lamp configuration not a true fog light...sorry I couldn't be more help!
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
432 Posts
First time poster!!! Does anyone know if the Hella 500 Black Magic wire harness is a direct plug in to the factory 2005 TJ Fog Lamps Harness. If so will they work as a replacement?
You should be fine. I had them on my LJ before upgrading to LEDs. Plugged them right in to my '06.

If for whatever reason they have changed the plugs over the last 2 years, just cut the plugs off of your current fogs and splice the new Hellas into them. They lights are all 2-wire connections.

So if you have to, you can spend $5 at any hardware store for some connectors. Then just wrap the connections really well with some electrical tape to protect them from the water and you are all set.

You will love them, they are bright as hell.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I replaced my original fog lights on my '03. They are 55w's which seem to work with the original wiring.
They work perfect with the original wiring and the steering wheel multi-function switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts