Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So thumbs up for Hella Lights..down for quadratech

So I purchased a set up Hella 500 lights for my 97 TJ. Got to me and slid open the box and the way it was packaged one light just fell out and cracked on my workbench. So I called quadratech.. They said sorry. Dont sell replacement lens
dont sell singles - sorry out of luck gotta buy a whole new set. or call Hella direct. So I call Hella - they tell me the same thing. Sorry buy a new set.
Well - got me angry. So if a lens cracks I have to buy a new set each time.
So I write a letter the old fashion way. Get a email reply right away. then a phone call. Next thing I know.. getting a complete new light for free. So
thumbs up for Hella - Dumbs down for quadratect

P. Scott:dance:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
So thumbs up for Hella Lights..down for quadratech

So I purchased a set up Hella 500 lights for my 97 TJ. Got to me and slid open the box and the way it was packaged one light just fell out and cracked on my workbench. So I called quadratech.. They said sorry. Dont sell replacement lens
dont sell singles - sorry out of luck gotta buy a whole new set. or call Hella direct. So I call Hella - they tell me the same thing. Sorry buy a new set.
Well - got me angry. So if a lens cracks I have to buy a new set each time.
So I write a letter the old fashion way. Get a email reply right away. then a phone call. Next thing I know.. getting a complete new light for free. So
thumbs up for Hella - Dumbs down for quadratect

P. Scott:dance:
Great Story with a better ending..thanks for sharing.

Dana

·
Registered
538 Posts
It sounds like he was just mad that he couldn't buy just a replacement lens. It seems like a reasonable part to sell for a light that's going on vehicles that will likely see some damage...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Gotta agree with tangofox007. There's no reason you should be blaming Quadratec. They're just the distributor of the product. You don't blame the pizza delivery driver if you drop the pizza on the way to the kitchen, do you? :)

I'm glad you got it settled by writing a letter (to Hella, I'm assuming), but blaming Quadratec is unfair. I gotta stick up for a company that ships my orders promptly and deals quickly with the few gripes or returns I've ever had.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
By reading his tale, he never seemed to asked for a FREE lens... he wanted to BUY a single replacement lens, which in the end.... Hella replaced for FREE....

And they lit up happily ever after.....

·
Registered
111 Posts
nothing but good things to say about quadratec they I ordered the wrong brake line kit for my jeep it was at the shop and they had removed the old system. I called quadratec and they setn em a replacement set overnight free shipping I called at 3:15 in the afternoon and had brakelines in hand with a return lable for the wrong set by 12 the next day pretty good to me

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
guys maybe you read me wrong...
I never wanted anything for free. yes I broke it but quadratech had no salution other then buy another set. My gripe was- So I buy a set- go off roading and a lense cracks. cant buy a single fixture- cant buy a replacement lens.. sorry they said- gotta buy a new set each time..I never wanted anything for free.. I read of many other guys who had the same problem with those lights..your just stuck, dont dare crack a lens.. I didnt like how quadratech didnt give me any options but call the factory or buy a new set..

:banghead:

·
Banned
613 Posts
Oh stop crying.....JEZ, heaven help you if you dent a fender and JEEP don't ship you a new one free....Hella shoud have drew the line too.

The lights are stocked/shipped boxed in PAIRS, but I'm sure replacement lenses are available from Hella..There is NO WAY Quadratec or any other etailer can stock individual lights or would break a sealed carton even IF they felt your pain.

Suck it up, Dude.....I know it stinks but it kinda reminds me of the time I bought a fifth of Crown and dropped it getting into my jeep.....Yaknow?...All I got for my 30 bucks was wet boots and a whiff, so I sucked it up and bought another

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
I gotta say I agree with Pastorscott that Quadratec should have done more to help resolve the cracked lense problem than to say he had to buy another pair of lights. To me, that was pure laziness on their part.

As Pastorscott readily admitted, the broken lens was not Quadratec's or Hella's fault but the dealer is normally responsible for providing post-sales support which includes figuring out how to get the customer replacement parts... ESPECIALLY since Pastorscott offered to pay for the part.

That Quadratec fell down on doing anything to help didn't surprise me in the least, they did the same thing to me one too many times which is just another reason why I won't buy from Quadratec any more.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
My gripe was- So I buy a set- go off roading and a lense cracks. cant buy a single fixture- cant buy a replacement lens.. sorry they said- gotta buy a new set each time..
I have a similar problem when I go to the dentist for a check-up. I only have 24 teeth, but they bill me like I have 32. Not only that, but my left foot is bigger than my right. I can't find a single shoe store that will sell me a 12/13 combo at the normal price. To top that off, my right leg is shorter than the left, and all the department stores sell pants with both legs the same length.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Like was said, if something isn't Sold or Available a Certain way (1 Replacement Lamp), how can Quadratec make it Available? Put themselves in the Hole and Break Up a Set because the End User was Clumsy and Broke a Lamp? Doesn't make Sense and isn't gonna happen, no matter Who or Where you Buy from.

What Hella SHOULD have told you is that they don't Sell Replacement Parts DIRECT to the Public, you have to Buy them from one of their Retailers.

Which a Simple Google Search would have Lead you to this Place: Truck Accessories, Auto Accessories, Best Prices Guaranteed! which Sells just about every Piece to every Hella Lamp Kit out there, down to Single Lenses, Housings, Switches, Fuses, ect...

If you Bought these Lights from someone on here, and ended up in the same Situation, Breaking one of them due to Clumsyness, would you Expect the Person you Bought them from to go out, Buy you a New Lamp, and Send it to you?

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
Hella-va story.

A dealer's job is to sell products and provide support for products sold. Picking up the phone and calling the supplier would of provided support and made them a sale on the replacement part.

IMO

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Straight from Hella's FAQ on their Site:

2. I have cracked a lens on my Hella lights and need to purchase the lens itself. Does Hella sell replacement parts for their light kits?

Answer: Hella does not sell individual repair parts at this time, only complete kits. Some Hella vendors do, however, sell individual repair parts such as lenses, mounting hardware, or grommets. Please check with a Hella Retailer for more information.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry guys
didnt mean to make it a slug fest.. my only beef was Quadratechs not really caring that I had to buy another set. I never wanted anything for free. Infact I could have said it came broken.. but that would have been a lie. I kinda feel Quadratect wanted me to do that but being a Minister I could not lie. I broke it- how do I repair it... thats all.. didnt ask them for a new jeep. It was the attitude..even hella was sorry charley for a long time until I got personal.
I cant afford another $80 so now im just stuck with one light. Yeah my dumb fault by as the Hella customer service guy said- My tail was not a surprize the packaging makes one light fall out after sliding it out..whatever... Hella searched around till they found a light for me- sent out free of charge. thats all

thanks

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Yeah my dumb fault by as the Hella customer service guy said- My tail was not a surprize the packaging makes one light fall out after sliding it out..
There are a number of credit cards that offer "purchase protection" that cover just this sort of misfortune. Sometimes, I find that folks have that very coverage but don't realize it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
my only beef was Quadratechs not really caring that I had to buy another set.
I still don't understand why this means it's okay to write a negative review about them? You were trying to get something out of them they couldn't provide to you. Running off and griping about them on the internet is unfair.

even hella was sorry charley for a long time until I got personal.
How did you "get personal?"

The more I hear about this, the more I think you're not telling us everything.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Another reason I run the WalMart Kc Knockoff lights, break one and spend $15.00 to get one new one, compared to having to buy a complete set.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts