Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New jeep owner -- 2014 wrangler rubicon -- incredible ! ! ! Cant believe it took me so long to get one but well worth the wait -- unfortunately t- boned a chick in her 05 civic when she fail to the right of way. All involed are ok but the jeep took a hit. Didnt get her head on - most of the impact was on my left side (driver) bumper and tire. I took it to the dealer since so new and they ran thru service dept. Not body. The only probem they found was replacing the left side of the bumper and plastic cover. As for the impact with tire it was deciced i only need a front end alignment. Suspension was checked and said to be ok. Not a scratch to paint or grill but steering wheel was cocked to the left to keep it straight when driving after accident but no pulling even when braking. I was going about 25 30 mph. At the time. I know and can see that the rubicon is built well but still surprised on how well it survied !!!! I would appreciate any commits or thoughts and if you agree with repair. Thanks- proud jeep owner --brian

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm no expert but I think since it drives straight all you need is just to re-center the steering wheel. it's an easy process, you can google: 're-centering steering wheel on a jk' and it will give you a few articles on what it is and how to do it. Or you can take it to an alignment shop and they'll do it for you. It's not a big deal, the most important thing everybody is ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts