Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. What a great forum, I have learned so much by reading existing posts. I am a new again jeep owner on my 3rd jeep. Had aCJ back in the day and a year 2000 sport, now I have a 2015 unlimited sport and a few questions.

I drove it home from the lot and took the top and doors off and plan to keep them off until the snow flies.

1. Just got back from a week long vacation at cape cod where we for the most part got soaked.
Was amazed that the cargo storage in the back is not water repellent.
Which brings me to my 1st set of questions
A- do you guys run with your drain plugs in or out? Pros and cons?
B- carpet, I pulled mine and don't really have any intention of putting it back in, anyone have any suggestions, like indoor outdoor carpet cut a little smaller? I have weather tech mats that seem to do a pretty good job of covering most of the exposed area. Thinking about getting some carpet to put under them and avoiding the hassle of installing the factory carpet every time it gets wet.
C- I assume all of the wiring that is under the carpet is weather resistant as it was soaked when I removed the carpet.

Next question is around air lockers. I do some fly fishing where I at times need to cross some small streams. I also do some winter camping where I need to go dow some access roads that are in plowed. I don't have a lift or aftermarket tires yet.
A- does anyone know anyone in ct that is reputable and can install an arb air locker?
B- If I was only to do one for right now do you think it would make more sense to do front or rear.

·
Super Moderator
15,377 Posts
1. Just got back from a week long vacation at cape cod where we for the most part got soaked.
Was amazed that the cargo storage in the back is not water repellent.
Which brings me to my 1st set of questions
A- do you guys run with your drain plugs in or out? Pros and cons?
B- carpet, I pulled mine and don't really have any intention of putting it back in, anyone have any suggestions, like indoor outdoor carpet cut a little smaller? I have weather tech mats that seem to do a pretty good job of covering most of the exposed area. Thinking about getting some carpet to put under them and avoiding the hassle of installing the factory carpet every time it gets wet.
C- I assume all of the wiring that is under the carpet is weather resistant as it was soaked when I removed the carpet.

Next question is around air lockers. I do some fly fishing where I at times need to cross some small streams. I also do some winter camping where I need to go dow some access roads that are in plowed. I don't have a lift or aftermarket tires yet.
A- does anyone know anyone in ct that is reputable and can install an arb air locker?
B- If I was only to do one for right now do you think it would make more sense to do front or rear.
:welcome: :wavey:

A. I run no plugs thru the summer, winter time I pop them back in. Make sure you check the jack/storage area plug, and under the rear plastic storage tray they hold water bad.
B. My carpet came out within 10 minutes of getting the Jeep home. I use the Mopar slush mats and that's it. Will probably bedline it eventually.
C. I've never had issues with it

A. I'm no good here
B. I'd go front ARB air and rear LSD (if you don't already have it)

Enjoy your awesome new Jeep! Post some pics :thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts