Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Question on JK?

Question for you JK folks out there. I used to own a TJ, and now I am looking for a JK, are they just as module? Is it as easy to take the doors off, drop the windshield and whatnot? I am sure they are, but thought I would ask before buying a 20,000 dollar vehicle. Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
eldeeder said:
Question for you JK folks out there. I used to own a TJ, and now I am looking for a JK, are they just as module? Is it as easy to take the doors off, drop the windshield and whatnot? I am sure they are, but thought I would ask before buying a 20,000 dollar vehicle. Thanks in advance for your help!
Taking the doors off is simple. Remove the torx screws in the hinge, unplug a harness, remove limiting strap, lift and remove. The hard top is simple to remove as well, just heavy and awkward. Don't know about the soft tops. For the windshield, I believe it is a little harder on the JKs. You have to remove the windshield brackets which have 4 torx bolts each I believe. Then it can be folded down. It is nothing that I care to do, so haven't tried it myself.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,474 Posts
On the JK's it is harder to fold the windshield down but it can be done. I would not suggest it though and there is really not much need unless your on a trail and about to hit the frame but that would be rare.

The rest is easy. The hard top is a two person job. The doors can come off in minutes and the soft top can be folded back in minutes. Taking it all the way off is a bit more work but can be done rather easy.

-Jason

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
krawloff-road.com said:
on the jk's it is harder to fold the windshield down but it can be done. I would not suggest it though and there is really not much need unless your on a trail and about to hit the frame but that would be rare.

The rest is easy. The hard top is a two person job. The doors can come off in minutes and the soft top can be folded back in minutes. Taking it all the way off is a bit more work but can be done rather easy.

-jason
x2

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Don't fold the windshield down. Please. Think of your neighbors, man. :D

JK's with the windshield down look like they've just been in a wreck. It really is that bad.

Everything else...:thumb:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the vid! and the only time I would fold it down would be off roading, so no one out there will see it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts