Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my first post to this forum. I have a stock 2011 unlimited. I recently got a set of black rock wheels 17. Backspacing of rim I do not know. How do I find out? I believe it's either 4.5 or 5.5 do to research. Think 4.5 though. I bought a set of 5 Goodyear wrangler 285/70/17. Are these technically 33's? This is a lease that ends next summer, after that I will most likely buy a newer jeep w the newer motor. Anyway tires I paid 375.00. Spare was never used and others are nice w 15k on them. Can I get away with putting these on w no mods? Can I go on beach? Will I need wheel spacers? Thanks for all of your help. Happy to be part of the family : )

Ed

·
Registered
485 Posts
You can measure your backspacing by laying a straight edge across the back of the wheel and measuring from it to the mounting flange. It's simply how far the wheel sets inward from the mounting surface.

Stock is 6". The wheels I just got, Fuel Frontiers, are 5 1/2" and I picked them specifically for that measurement. It should be perfect for the 285/70/17 that I'm going to get this week as I don't want them sticking way out. Many guys go with 4 1/2" BS so they can run larger tires or so the wheels will set out farther. AEV wheels are 5.2"

You didn't mention the wheel width, but as long as you are less than 6" on the backspacing there should be no rubbing with an 8.5" or 9" wheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts