1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
509 Posts
Jeeps are not mere cars...Jeeps are a far superior mode of transportation and fun, and as such, should never be referred to as "cars". Doing so kills kittens, and no one wants to kill kittens. Call it what it is, and say it LOUD AND PROUD!! IT'S A JEEP!!

·
Super Moderator
62,006 Posts
Sorry for being a noob here. I have been shopping around for a JK and found a few I like but could not justify the price.

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, $52,777 - Cars.com

I linked the car I have been looking at and was wondering what do you guys think is a reasonable price for the car? 52k for it seems too high to me.

I was also looking at this car:

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, $41,995 - Cars.com

What do you guys think is a reasonable price for the car?

Thank you

They both look like crap.
The first has crappy smittybilt stuff and is way overpriced, the second has Rockstars....nuff said

Oh and

·
Registered
184 Posts
They both look like crap. The first has crappy smittybilt stuff and is way overpriced, the second has Rockstars....nuff said Oh and
Mate I really like this forum and I really love Jeeps but I have to say that your comments and photo made my day. Well done jajaja
Yes some people here get a bit upset with the car and jeep thing,
Good luck with your hunting

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Damn. Just wrote out a post and it got lost.... Long story short, don't buy those. I'll sell you my 13 rubicon for 36k and you will save lots of money and kittens.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I didn't see a car in any of those links, just Jeeps. I think you croaked a few kittens there. :rip:
I don't know....I think I could get to the mall pretty easily in either of those cars.

·
Super Moderator
14,542 Posts
I only looked at the first one... Here's my take.

To begin with, you look at the original sticker price and take 3000 off of MSRP. That's your starting point.

Then add $3000 for wheels and tires.
$1800 for bumpers and winch.
$1000 for the pro comp lift.
$1500 for the hood.
$1000 for the lighting.
$500 miscellaneous interior...

So, if the sticker was 38,000 that makes your starting point 35,000 and 8,800 would be $43,800...

The do it yourself would be close to that and you get better stuff...

·
Super Moderator
14,542 Posts
Do you really estimate the red leather interior to be only $500 for material and install/labor ?
I just built a set on leatherseats.com and it was $729... Installed myself.

I won't use leather so for $500 it was $500 too much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, you guys gave me a good laugh. LOL

So the two jeeps are not worth it and I am better off buying my own.

If I am going to mod, is it better to start with a Rubicon or a Sahara?

·
Super Moderator
14,542 Posts

how much and what kind of off roading do you do?

usually, a Rubicon is the preferred starting point.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts

Not trying to pick on ya any more...so will give ya a little help....Wrangler Forum has been around for over 10 years and has members world wide.

Common "THREAD QUESTIONS":
"Rubicon, Sahara or Sport"
"Manual or Automatic Transmission"
"Hard top or Soft top"
What size tires can I run on my stock Jeep
How much lift do I need to_____?

The Search function is your friend...and a LOT of these questions do not have a "RIGHT" answer....it depends on the JEEPER and their use of the vehicle. Welcome to the FORUM, and GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Sahara is a trim level based on a Jeep which is the most capable production on and off road vehicle in the world, Sir!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how much and what kind of off roading do you do?

usually, a Rubicon is the preferred starting point.
I will not be off roading much at all. I may consider trying it one of these days. I just want a jeep because it looks awesome and can handle the snow days in Chicago.

A bit off topic but these are my current cars.

The Z is currently hibernating.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Your starting point is a Wrangler which, as others have mentioned, is already one of the most capable off roaders in the world.

Judging by what your intended uses are the Sahara would probably serve you best. More than enough off road ability, nicer ride and the availability of a limited slip rear diff.

·
Registered
866 Posts
So if you guys are with a friend and need to go somewhere, and he says "hey, can we take your car?", do you immediately put him in a rear naked choke, screaming "IT'S A JEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP!!!!!!!", or do you just let it slide?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts