Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get my jeep up and running. I had a shoulder injury that needed surgery so I could not drive a stick for a long time. It has been parked outside behind a locked gate for over 7 years and has cob webs all over it. I found the key and put it in the ignition but now I cannot get it back out. That's the first thing, how do I get the key back out of the ignition? Second, how do I get rid of the cobwebs and the spiders that have taken up residence? I know that I will need to replace the battery and all of the fluids. Tires look to be in good shape though. I am a fairly mechanically inclined female. Any advice will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks!
Red

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
Odds are fuel is bad and fair probably obstructed fuel line/pump thanks to the ethanol in gas

There is a button near key to let it turn to release point

Hint key should not remove in full counterclockwise position as that is accessory position

Turn it one clockwise click from last counter clockwise position to remove

Remove all spark plugs squirt in a little oil each cylinder and spin engine with starter with all plugs out after squirt of oil to do less damage
Only do that engine spin with spark plugs still out

Shop vac for cob webs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I forgot about the button! Doh! I will do as suggested on the rest, Thanks so very much!
Red

·
Registered
692 Posts
7+ year old tires that have been exposed to UV and sitting on one spot are not safe, regardless of what they look like.

·
Premium Member
6,742 Posts
What ever you do, DO NOT attempt to start the Jeep with the gas in the tank. Drop the tank and clean it out thoroughly. Disconnect the fuel supply and return lines and flush them out as well. I would even pull the injectors and have them serviced (or replace with new).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts