Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really appreciate some advise if someone could please help. I have a 2010 JK that came with OEM hard top. I got a soft top off Craigs List with bows and all canvas from a 2007. I got the door surround kit that Best Tops makes part # 55011-01 The problem is the canvas does not attach above the doors, there is nothing to hold it in place. Is it that the OEM top does not match the BestTop surrounds? The surrounds do not have a place for the top to clip into like most jeeps have. Any advise would help. I got the top cheap enough but just cant seem to make it work.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
In 2010(maybe '09) they switched the soft top to a cable tension system around the door surrounds. The top you have needs to be "rolled" into the door sill retainer. I believe you happened to buy the door sill retainer for a newer model cable top instead of the older model door sill retainers

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah - you need surrounds for the canvas you have, not your jeep. I have a 2011 JKU with a 2008 soft top. It works great but only because I have the whole top - surrounds and all. Let me know if you need pics to compare.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Thanks, I thought that was what was going on. Best Top door surround kit says it covers 2007-2012. I hope I can get an older type set from them. The dealers for OEM are very proud $$$ of their products. TK-213 if you don't mind couple of pictures would be great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts