Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the LED's installed but I am having a few problems.

#1 - Occasionally the "resistors" don't seem to work and the Jeep says Right/Left Light out, then that signal blinks really fast. I can seem to resolve this one, but the second one is my major issue.

#2 - When I use my turn signals, both right and left signals turn on.

So what happens is if I signal turn left, the left signal flashes as normal but the right signal is flashing also, but dimmer and in alternate sequence.

I am hoping someone can give me some guidance as I tried everything I could think of. I even used both harnesses, put one old taillight back on (it doesn't happen then). Although as we know, I cant actually put my old lights back on anymore, since I had to grind the mounting areas off.

Thanks,
John Petrilli

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any ideas? I made sure the resistors match in terms of flow. There is no neg or pos indicators but it didn't do anything. Helpful.

Thanks,
John

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tried contacting Rockridge....?
There may be an issue with one of the LED units...
I sent them an email, but didn't last night but didn't get a response yet. So I was just seeking some help on here if maybe someone knew something.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sent them an email, but didn't last night but didn't get a response yet. So I was just seeking some help on here if maybe someone knew something.
Ok Jeff at rockridge4wd is amazing. He was able to help me fix what I was doing wrong.

I had the resistors installed incorrectly.

Thanks again to Jeff at rockridge4wd.

For anyone else who has a similar issue I have attached the wiring diagram for the resistors.

:iamhappy:

- John

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts