Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,996 Posts
@MayuJeep...

make sure the o-ring on the gas cap is free from small cracks -- may want to replace it before you go back. I threw a code once on my 2013 Rubicon and thought I cleared the code with my Innovia CarScan, but it was still showing in history..

It was my gas cap that caused the CEL.. all I did was grease the o-ring with Shin-Etsu grease and the CEL never returned.

my 2013 Rubicon will be due for the first Calif smog check soon... I'm curious how it does. My smog guy is super honest. Once my '91 Cherokee failed the leak down test and he pulled a new gas cap o-ring out of the drawer, installed it and passed.

good luck!

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Wrangler
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey Jay!

So if the technician said it was Bank 2 (driver's side = left), Sensor 2 (comes after cat converter/downstream) then looks like our winner is the downstream left oxygen sensor (5149171AB).

This was super helpful! THANK YOU!
Mayu
By the way. I'm now confused, as I thought Bank 2 was the driver's side (based on various reading in other JK discussion threads), but after calling three different Jeep dealerships, the parts department all told me for my vehicle, make and year I should be getting the other part (5149180AA), since Bank 2 is on the passenger side.

He explained 1/1 is left up, 1/2 right upper, and 2/1 down left, 2/2/ down right. I even said "on a v6?" and he confirmed that's the info he has based on my VIN number.

So I ordered the part through them, (got a shit price on it but need it ASAP and dealership offered exchange for parts/products if they happened to be wrong for whatever reason).

Hopefully they're not idiots and giving me the right part to get installedl!!!!

Thanks!
Mayu

·
Premium Member
9,996 Posts

• 5149180AA
  • Positions:Right, Left
  • Other Names:Oxygen Sensor, Left Side, Oxygen Sensor, Right Side, Oxygen Sensor, Right, Oxygen Sensor, After Catalyst, Right, Oxygen Sensor, Before Catalyst, Left, Oxygen Sensor, Before Catalyst, Right, Oxygen Sensor, Left, Oxygen Sensor, After Catalyst, Left, Oxygen Sensor, Left, After Catalyst, Oxygen Sensor, Left, Before Catalyst, Oxygen Sensor, Right, After Catalyst, Oxygen Sensor, Right, Before Catalyst, 05149180aa, Sensor-Oxygen

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Wrangler
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
UPDATE 1/13/21
I have so much to say right now so let me break it down:

DEALERSHIP WAS WRONG - BANK 2 is NOT on the right side, it's on the LEFT.

The dealership was wrong, and they're not admitting to it yet, but I know they are wrong because after they told me Bank 2 was on the right passenger side. I told my mechanic who took my word for it based on the dealership's insistence and he cut my oxygen sensor below the cat. And guess what happened? It set off a DTC code for BANK 1, Sensor 2! So we removed a perfectly good sensor for no reason. I now have to replace TWO sensors LOL! oh man. Was I pissed.

DEALERSHIP PARTS DEPARTMENT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE DOING

On top of it, I can't even fix my current issue they created with the Bank 1 sensor because the part they sent me was wrong. They made a mistake in my order. I argued the end part looked different and they assured me they were right. I went back and showed them my existing sensor to the part they ordered and they then apologized for the mistake and are getting me the new piece. Since I don't have the correct part, my mechanic just capped my sensor and told me to come back when I get the correct part.

AND NOW...A STARTER ISSUE...IS THIS COMMON? LOL I've reset all my obd2 monitors now, but it's okay...now I know it's just drive cycles to address the issues.

In 8 years of owning my car, I've never had a starter issue. Yet this morning, my engine wasn't starting. My neighbor insisted it was a low battery because it was clicking (even though I had my battery tested and it was high in charge two days ago). After the jump start it didn't start right away, but after 10 minutes of trying to turn it on and off, it randomly started again. Doing this has reset all those OBD2 monitors I worked so hard to clear for my smog check haha! Has this happened to anyone else? I wondered if the oxygen sensor work had anything to do with it?

TO BE CONTINUED WITH DEALERSHIP

Anyways, I'm still fighting with the dealership because I WANT THEM TO KNOW THEY ARE WRONG so they don't do this to others and also am upset at the inconvenience in time and money they have caused. They're trying to settle the issue by ordering me the correct Bank 2 sensor at an employee discount rate. I'm arguing there's no way in hell I am paying for it and I actually want a refund on my the first sensor I paid for because it was all based on their WRONG information. Information I had asked them to double-check a few times since I heard different from other sources.

Okay, I know I just wrote WAY TOO MUCH, but I'm upset and I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. This was supposed to be my first week of vacation (i work crazy hours at my current job) in over a year and I've had to cancel my planned road trip, and spent extra $ and wasted time on issues happening because of misinformation from a dealership. I should've trusted this FORUM! LOL. I now know why people fix cars on their own.

I'm done venting now! HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE ONE DAY!! :)

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Wrangler
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Oh man, unbelievable. The dealership refused to do anything about the mistakes they created and were super rude and blamed me for basically taking their advice.

NEVER go to dealership in Jeep Chrylser Doge Dealership in Glendale. They are horrible.

Thanks everyone here for your help. I learned an important lesson that most of the people who work at dealerships (at least this one) are idiots.

·
Premium Member
9,996 Posts
Here's a tip...

When you're at the parts department and need to identify a specific part, have the parts dude show you the assembly diagram on the computer screen -- point to it so they can see. I typically verify parts using "passenger side" (right) and "driver side" (left) to assure everyone is oriented per the assembly diagrams.

something like this...

676A9B19-FEC4-4E8A-9FC5-CBAC88874237.jpeg

AA855BBB-8B79-4710-8E4D-030521DC571A.jpeg

21 - 26 of 26 Posts