Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so in my 05 Rubi the speakers suck! You can barely even hear them. I have a really blingy aftermarket headunit that flips down made by Dual.

So I've heard 5.25 speakers in the dash are good but what speakers do you recommend? I heard the PolkDB521's are good for the dash and soundbar but some of the reviews say they aren't much louder. I don't need a super nice sound system, i just want to be able to hear it clearly on the freeway with the soft top.

Don't want spend a lot on this, but I don't want to cheap out either. Speakers that can handle a bit of water would be a plus :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
:wavey:Moabrubi: I had a Dual removable in my B2300 (loved it). Back op, having an upgraded HU makes a difference. I still have the stock HU and this is what I did. I read through this forum & the TJ one as well looking at the Pro's & Con's given. Then I went to couple of different stores (Best Buy, etc.) and gave a "test" listen to the ones I had considered based on the feedback here. Hearing the speakers before I purchased anything really helped me decided. I went with Polk all around (525 in dash & 6.5 in sound bar) and I love em:punk:.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Alright so in my 05 Rubi the speakers suck! You can barely even hear them. I have a really blingy aftermarket headunit that flips down made by Dual.

So I've heard 5.25 speakers in the dash are good but what speakers do you recommend? I heard the PolkDB521's are good for the dash and soundbar but some of the reviews say they aren't much louder. I don't need a super nice sound system, i just want to be able to hear it clearly on the freeway with the soft top.

Don't want spend a lot on this, but I don't want to cheap out either. Speakers that can handle a bit of water would be a plus :)
Be sure to look for marine rated speakers if water may be an issue. Those Polk DB521's are marine rated.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Be sure to look for marine rated speakers if water may be an issue. Those Polk DB521's are marine rated.
Yup. I was looking at the Kicker's but they don't say Marine rated. I think I'm going to go with the Polk's and put your speaker adapters in the dash :thumb:. My dash speakers are so pathetic you have to put your ear to them to make sure they are even on.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:wavey:Moabrubi: I had a Dual removable in my B2300 (loved it). Back op, having an upgraded HU makes a difference. I still have the stock HU and this is what I did. I read through this forum & the TJ one as well looking at the Pro's & Con's given. Then I went to couple of different stores (Best Buy, etc.) and gave a "test" listen to the ones I had considered based on the feedback here. Hearing the speakers before I purchased anything really helped me decided. I went with Polk all around (525 in dash & 6.5 in sound bar) and I love em:punk:.
Good Luck!
Wish I could put 6.5 in the soundbar but mine is an 05. Thanks for the feedback :).

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
you can make 6.5's fit in the soundbar, most speakers will fit, if not all you need to do is drill new holes to screw the speaker in.

·
Registered
973 Posts
you can make 6.5's fit in the soundbar, most speakers will fit, if not all you need to do is drill new holes to screw the speaker in.
The 97-02's will take 6.5"s with ease. 03-06's have sound pods on the roll bar...you can make 6.5"s fit, but it's a little more work.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
for my install in my '99 i had to drill a few holes but that is for the tweeter mounts and wires to pass through.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts